Bonfils is one of the oldest and most trusted nonprofits in Colorado and is proud to be an active member of our community. We offer a variety of resources to educate schools, corporate and community groups interested in learning more about our lifesaving work.
Discover what happens on blood's journey from donor to patient at a free one-hour behind-the-scenes tour of Bonfils' headquarter facility. Tours can be customized to your group, but a general tour will allow participants to:
• See what happens in a donor center when volunteers give blood
• Learn about different blood components and how they help patients in need
• Learn about typing and testing of each unit donated
• See where and how thousands of donations are manufactured and distributed every week
• Learn more about Bonfils Blood Center’s history and how the blood industry has changed since we
were founded in 1943 as Denver’s first blood bank
Learn about the important role blood plays in sustaining life at a Blood 101 presentation. This free educational resource is offered to elementary, middle and high school students as well as youth-based community groups. Students will learn about blood components, circulation and the importance of blood donation.
Contact Caley Corsello or call 303.363.2277 to schedule a tour or presentation.